Join UK Metal Expo as a speaker and share your industry expertise with top professionals. Submit your proposal for a chance to present at this prestigious event. Apply now!
UKME provides a highly structured and engaging forum for all practitioners to promote, share, and discuss major initiatives, challenges and successes across the entire metals supply chain.
Anyone with a career in the metals industry will want to attend, any organisations providing goods or services to this industry will want to be represented at UKME.” Chris McDonald, former UK Metals Council Chair
Through exclusive content, unique experiences, and outstanding networking, UK Metals Expo aims to deliver a yearly agenda driven by the new Governing Body chaired by Lord Rupert Redesdale. Business leaders from the entire metals supply chain are represented, from primary metal manufacturing, supply chain management, processing metals, fabrication, surface coatings, and recycling, to leading vendors and trade attendees.
UK Metals Expo is a free to attend annual event that takes place at the NEC, Birmingham in September with exclusive content in four seminar theatres including case studies, research, technical and practical expert presentations, and the first look at important legislative changes.
We’d like to invite you to submit your proposal by following the guidelines below.
- The seminar programme focuses on providing attendees with practical advice, best practise guidance and inspiration so they can take something of real value back to the office.
- We ask every speaker to provide a “Take Away” statement that clearly summarises what a delegate can expect to get out of your session.
- If you are a provider proposing a case study, we strongly advise bringing your client to co-present with you.
- We do not accept sales pitches – if you would like to promote your company, service or product to our visitors, please contact us to find out exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities available.
→ Theatres & Topics
4 areas of expertise have been defined and will be hosted across 4 dedicated theatres as follow:
1. The Big Issues
Competitivity | Trade | Skills | Best practice
2. Net Zero, Resources and Recycling
Strategies | Sustainability | Ethical | Design | Circular Economy | Founding
3. R&D, Technology & Innovation
Engineering | Manufacturing | Process | Productivity | Digital | Case Studies
4. Supply Chain
Integration | Local Sourcing | Policy | Logistics | Resilience
→ Session Formats
Single Session format should be issue-based, provide concrete examples or case studies and may contain both practical and theoretical information. There is normally only one speaker, however if you can demonstrate that another speaker is necessary or of value then we will accept more than one. Please include time for Q & A within your time slot – Duration: 20 mins.
Panel sessions are a forum for debate, where many different viewpoints are aired on a single topic or issue. When you submit a panel session you will be responsible for proposing appropriate panellists. If your session is selected we’ll work with you to confirm the final panel. Audience participation should be encouraged in panel sessions. We recommend a maximum of 3 panellists plus a chairperson. Duration: 50 mins.